Pages

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Splat Game and Freebie!

Hello everyone! Yesterday I made a trip to Wal-mart. While I was standing in line waiting to check out, I looked down and saw the cutest fly swats ever. I just had to buy them. They were a steal at $1.00 each.



While I was driving home the gears in my brain were turning. I decided to come home and make a game for them. Last year I would project sight words onto my whiteboard using my document projector. I would call out a sight word and my students would take turns swatting a word with a fly swatter. They loved this game and begged to play it all the time. I made a game last night using our Kindergarten sight word list. I plan on using my game "Splat!" as a large group activity to introduce and practice sight words. I am including a free copy of the game for you to use in your classroom. I am so excited to offer my first freebie! :)
Splat Game

5 comments:

Andrea said...

So cute! I'm following you now as well and I really want some of those fly swatters! :)

Stepping Into First Grade

Lisa R. said...

There are so many cute things at Walmart lately!! I love those fly swatters & the game you created to go with them. I'm your newest follower! I would love for you to stop by & follow me too! :)
Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Unknown said...

What a cute concept! I may have to take a trip to Walmart soon!

Heather's Heart said...

I love the game and the fly swatters! Thank you so much for sharing. =)


Heather
Heather's Heart

forkin4th said...

Thanks for sharing the find. I have use fly swatters in my classroom as part of a review game before giving a test or quiz with recent vocabulary terms. We call it SWAT and the kids adore it. I just write some words on the board and the class competes to be the winning team.

Happy to have found your blog & be your newest follower. Check out my blog when you have a chance and enter to win my sunflower life cycle giveaway - wishing you the best WINNING luck!

:) Antonia
forkin 4th

Post a Comment