Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

We Give Thanks!

What a busy month November has been! I got to attend SDE's Tennessee Kindergarten Teacher's Conference. I learned so many new and awesome ideas. I am so excited to start using them in my classroom. I got to go to workshops given by Heidi Butkis from Heidi's Songs. I just loved her ideas and songs. I ended up buying 4 Cd's, 5 DVDs and her amazing word family book. I started using them this week and the children love her songs. The week following the conference was a short week due to Thanksgiving. We celebrated Thanksgiving by having a Thanksgiving lunch and invited parents to attend. It was a huge success. Almost all of my students had a parent or grandparent come to eat with them. We also made this awesome "Turkey Pie Graph." I asked my students the question, "Do you like to eat turkey?" Our graph turned out awesome and the children were so proud.
 
 
We also read a story about the first Thanksgiving. After we read the story the children made drawings of something that they are thankful for.
 
 
 
Here is the final picture of our Thanksgiving wall display.
 
 
On our last day of school before the break, we made long legged turkeys. Are these too cute or what????
 
 
 
 
 
I got the awesome Thanksgiving ideas from the one and only Deanna Jump. You can purchase her Thanksgiving unit on TPT.
 
Stay tuned..... I will soon post pictures of our classroom elf! Don't you just love the holidays?
 
 
 
 
 


1 comments:

Amanda said...

I have a classroom elf in my room as well. He just made his appearance yesterday with a note from Santa because Mrs. Pauley was worried her students would end up on the naughty list. LOL! It was priceless to see their faces.

I nominated your blog for a Liebster award. Come over and check out my blog post about it.

Mrs. Pauley’s Kindergarten

Post a Comment