Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

100th Day of School

This week my class celebrated our 100th day of Mrs. Janelle's class. I named our 100 day this because we only counted the physical days that we were in class. We began counting the first day that we were together in my class. We had three days of testing and phase in before the students were actually in my class. I also did not count missed days for weather. Each morning we would add a straw to our place value chart and change the number. I would also write the number on a 100 chart. We would then sky write the number and count to that number. We will continue doing this for the rest of the year and then have a last day of school celebration.

 
We began our 100th day of Mrs. Janelle's class by writing our numbers to 100 for morning work. During our morning meeting time we did our daily pocket chart and finally had 100 straws for the 100th day that we were in class! We also danced to the song "Techno Counting to 100" by Dr. Jean Feldman.
 
We did several writing activities. I made a chart asking the children what they would like to have 100 of. Here are a few of the children's responses.
 
I wish I had 100 puppy dogs.
 
I wish I had 100 dollar bills with gold inside.
 
I wish I had 100 Brats dolls.
 
I wish I had 100 Angry Birds games.
 
I wish I had 100 ponies.
 
And my favorite......
 
I wish I had 100 girl friends.
 
I used our writing to make a wall display.
 
 
For Math, we made gumball machines with 100 gumballs inside. The students had to count as they painted using Q-tips.
 
 
 
At snack time we used 100 charts to count 100 snacks. When we were finished we got to eat them all.
 
 
At the end of the day, we made crowns that said, "_____ is 100 days smarter!" We decorated them with markers, stickers and sequins.  
 
Mrs. Janelle's class is now 100 days smarter!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun day!
I am your newest follower!
Cheryl
Crayons and Curls

Post a Comment